Tegucigalpa Climate & Temperature
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras is at 14°3'N, 87°13'W, 1007 m (3304 ft). See map.
- Tegucigalpa has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tegucigalpa is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 21.7 degrees Celsius (71 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.1 °C (7.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 871.7 mm (34.3 inches) which is equivalent to 871.7 Litres/m² (21.38 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Tegucigalpa you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Tegucigalpa Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Tegucigalpa Climate Graph in Metric Units
Tegucigalpa Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Tegucigalpa, Honduras Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- La Ceiba, Honduras - 190.9 kms (118.6 miles) NNE
- Catacamas, Honduras - 167.4 kms (104 miles) NE
- Ocotal, Nicaragua - 92.6 kms (57.5 miles) ESE
- Condega, Nicaragua - 116.7 kms (72.5 miles) SE
- Choluteca, Honduras - 81.9 kms (50.9 miles) S
- Muy Muy, Nicaragua - 223.6 kms (138.9 miles) SE
- El Picacho Chinandega, Nicaragua - 157.8 kms (98 miles) S
- Managua, Nicaragua - 230.2 kms (143.1 miles) SSE
- Juigalpa, Nicaragua - 295.2 kms (183.5 miles) SE
- Masatepe, Nicaragua - 264 kms (164 miles) SSE
- Nandaime, Nicaragua - 284.5 kms (176.8 miles) SSE
- Altagracia, Nicaragua - 328.4 kms (204.1 miles) SSE
- Rivas, Nicaragua - 329 kms (204.4 miles) SSE