Tegucigalpa Climate & Temperature
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras is at 14°3'N, 87°13'W, 1007 m (3304 ft). See map.
- Tegucigalpa has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Tegucigalpa is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 21.7 degrees Celsius (71 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4.1 °C (7.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 871.7 mm (34.3 inches) which is equivalent to 871.7 Litres/m² (21.38 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Tegucigalpa you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Tegucigalpa, Honduras Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- La Ceiba, Honduras - 190.9 kms (118.6 miles) NNE
- Catacamas, Honduras - 167.4 kms (104 miles) NE
- Ocotal, Nicaragua - 92.6 kms (57.5 miles) ESE
- Condega, Nicaragua - 116.7 kms (72.5 miles) SE
- Choluteca, Honduras - 81.9 kms (50.9 miles) S
- Muy Muy, Nicaragua - 223.6 kms (138.9 miles) SE
- El Picacho Chinandega, Nicaragua - 157.8 kms (98 miles) S
- Managua, Nicaragua - 230.2 kms (143.1 miles) SSE
- Juigalpa, Nicaragua - 295.2 kms (183.5 miles) SE
- Masatepe, Nicaragua - 264 kms (164 miles) SSE
- Nandaime, Nicaragua - 284.5 kms (176.8 miles) SSE
- Altagracia, Nicaragua - 328.4 kms (204.1 miles) SSE
- Rivas, Nicaragua - 329 kms (204.4 miles) SSE